Curried Squash Soup
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
2. Once hot, add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add butternut squash and season with a pinch each salt and pepper, curry powder, and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and chili garlic paste (optional - for heat).
5. Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
6. Use an immersion blender, or transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more curry powder, salt, or sweetener as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
How to make
· 2 Tbsp coconut oil
· 4 shallots, thinly diced
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 6 cups chopped butternut squash (2 small butternut squash)
· Pinch each sea salt + black pepper, plus more to taste
· 3 Tbsp curry powder
· ½ tsp ground cinnamon
· 2 14-ounce (414 ml) can light coconut milk
· 2 cups vegetable broth
· 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar)